Download my full resume here:
I am an experienced planning director with a deep knowledge of integrated, omni-channel marketing. I am passionate about developing customer-centric marketing strategies that create meaningful connections between brands and their customers.
Years of Experience:
Bachelor of Science and Business Administration
Specialization in Marketing
Yogi, Dog Rescuer, Boy Mom, Book Worm
Current and Previous Clients:
U.S. Cellular, McDonald's (local)
ARTS & HIGHER EDUCATIONS:
Kent State University, Greater Columbus Arts Council (Art Makes Columbus Campaign)
GOVERNMENT & UTILITIES:
West Virginia Lottery, West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Columbia Gas of Ohio Pipeline Safety
Experience Columbus, TravelNevada, Palladium Hotel Group, Dominica, Dublin Convention & Visitors Bureau
Columbus Region, City of Dublin Economic Development
Crown Equipment, Midmark, DHL Supply Chain, Colfax, Sentry Equipment
ACHIEVEMENTS & RESULTS
- Develop connections between brands and their customers by creating strategic and innovative marketing programs that identify the best places to connect with the customer in order to deliver the message at the right time, place and when the customer is in the right mindset to engage.
- Help clients diversify their marketing mix by educating them on emerging trends and activating tests to identify gaps in their current strategy.
- Collaborate with other agency disciplines including digital, creative, and PR to find overarching marketing strategies that provide integrated marketing solutions to client challenges
- Manage a team of senior planners and associate planners, which includes - weekly team status meetings, individual monthly touch bases, annual reviews, as well as being a daily resource for brainstorming, questions, and review of work
- Lead business development opportunities by participating in new business RFP responses, as well as pitch development, preparation, and presentation
- Manage the budgets for two of the agencies biggest accounts ($1 million to $8 million) which includes monthly billing and reconciliation.
ACHIEVEMENTS & RESULTS
- As measured by a third-party leader in tourism industry research and effectiveness studies, not only were specific campaign objectives met (including reach, conversions, etc.), but the campaign was proven to increase overall campaign ROI from $58:1 to $73:1 – an increase of 25 percent.
- TravelNevada was in need of a shift in video strategy to better align with how their audience had evolved their video habits. I accomplished this by utilizing a combination of traditional spot TV, local cable, and network cable integrations with Scripps' Travel Channel as well as Hulu, TV Everywhere, and Cinema. Third-party effectiveness results show that this cross-screen approach increased awareness of TV/Video from 39 percent to 53 percent year-over-year.
- A refreshed digital strategy resulted in an "always on" approach versus two focused campaign periods throughout the year. The third-party effectiveness study results showed that this approach increase consideration for the destination from 28 to 36 percent and intent to visit the destination within the next year from 36 to 43 percent when compared to those not exposed.
- A combination of our TV and online placements resulted in an increase of eight times the traffic to the campaign’s landing page., accounting for 83% of overall site traffic
- With our efforts, in combination with the University’s marketing and communications efforts, the client was able to welcome its largest freshman class in 2013.
- Managed three inside sales representatives and 15 outside independent sales representatives.
- Attended management meetings where we collaborated across sales, finance, marketing, and editorial to find ways to make the company more profitable.
- Developed management skill in motivating and mentoring team members to meet sales and personal career goals as well as how to effectively provide constructive feedback when goals and expectations were not being met.
- Ran monthly sales meetings.
- Kept the sales team on the forefront of sales techniques and strategies by reading sales blogs, books, online newsletters, and networking with successful sales leaders.
- Implemented SalesForce within the sales department by developing company usage parameters and training all employees on using it effectively.
- Estimated, negotiated, scheduled, maintained, reported results for local media buys.
- Created presentations recapping quarterly media buy results and presented them directly to 10 to 15 management level clients.
- Built strong relationships and communicated effectively with the Account Executives, Planners, and station Sales Representatives to execute the best quality media buy for the client from start to finish.
- Trained and mentored three assistants to achieve promotions into a media buying positions.